Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

On A Serious Note ...

My little family has had a tumultuous past few weeks. I won't go into a lot of details here, because my wife is a writer and has already written what I would have said in a much more eloquent manner than possible for me.

I will however share a few thoughts about the fact that I was nervous as all get-out that I would become a young widower and single father. I know that sounds a little selfish, but I don't want to raise my daughter alone and I feel kids need 2 parents to help them have the best chance of success in life. That's not to say kids can't survive and be successful being raised by a single-parent, but my daughter will need all the help she can get (translated to: she needs her mom to help her be normal, I'm a nutcase!)

I just know that I Love my wife more than I even realize sometimes. I seriously do stupid things and don't always treat her the way I know she deserves to be treated, but what man does? I just hope that through all of this I can somehow find a way to be the type of man I convinced Lisa I could one day become.

Check out Lisa's incident in her own words and find out more of what the heck I'm talking about.

1 comment:

  1. We think you are pretty wonderful for her... you don't give yourself enough credit here. Thanks for being her rock at this point.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...