Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

iPad Thoughts

So I realize I'm not the most tech-savvy person out there, but I do enjoy technology. In fact, I am the tech guy at the school I teach at, so I have to keep up a little on the new and cool stuff schools don't usually get. Budget cuts suck!

Anyways ... back to the post.

I am an Apple fan, even though I can't afford all of my Apple-inspired desires. I, like many other crazy fans, had been looking forward to the Keynote Address last week in hopes of catching a glimpse the new Apple Tablet, which we have now found out to be called the iPad.



I have to say, the first thing I thought of when I heard the name was something like this, it's a clip from a Mad TV parody in 2006.



I really have to wonder what Apple was thinking when they named their "most advanced technology." It makes you think that the entire naming committee must have been all men because no woman would allow such an awesome product to have such an "interesting" name.

Jump ahead 6 days and I think I'm starting to get over the name and just getting excited about the product. One of the coolest features of the iPad is the pricing.


I think that even with my minimal monetary freedom, i.e., to be read "I'm a married man with a baby," I think this is an Apple product I may be able to justify and even afford.

I'm also excited for the fact that it can be used as an eReader on steroids. You can do so much more than just read books, although the new iBookstore looks pretty cool. I think this could be a great "on-vacation-and-needing-to-check-email-facebook-twitter-play-around-on-the-internet-and-not-get-lost-because-of-the-Google-Maps-app-etc." I think it could be great, especially if you don't want to pack your laptop around with you as well.


Oh well, I guess I had better stop there and not go much farther into this topic, because if you're like me you are almost sick of all the stories and blogs about it. However, I felt like I needed to at least put in my two-cents worth.

If you are curious about it, just do a quick Google search for iPad and see what comes up. Or you can follow The Unofficial Apple Weblog (also known as TUAW) for EXCESSIVE amounts of iPad hysteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...