Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

First Father's Day

So here it is, my 1st official Father's Day over and done with and I have to say, it was pretty good. I have the cutest little girl, the reason I qualify to celebrate Father's Day in the first place, and the best wife!

I was blessed with the opportunity to sleep in Sunday morning. Now, when I say "sleep in," I mean REALLY sleep in, like until 12:00 pm, also known as NOON! My wife is amazing. (Don't judge me because I have been blessed with the amazing ability to sleep as long as permitted, it's a blessing!)I was officially woken up by my wife telling me it was noon and then she brought in my daughter who had been scratching at the door to either, a) come in and see her Dad, b) play with the toys we keep in our room for when we are getting ready and our daughter needs to be in the room with us, or c) she wanted to make a mess of Dad's CDs and books. I would like to think "A" was the answer, but I know better, "C" was probably the better answer.

After waking up, it was time to get ready for church with the normal showering, shaving, brushing, dressing, etc. We then went to a great church meeting and upon returning home, it was presents time. (I need to add that I told my wife I needed nothing for Father's Day and that she shouldn't waste her precious time on gifts, but she didn't listen and I have to admit, I'm a little glad!) I was given 2 gifts, one from my daughter and one from my wife. My daughter gave me a sweet picture, with Mom's help of course (she's only 10 months), of the two of us sleeping in her recliner in her room in a nice frame.

Sweetest little girl in the world!
My wife gave me a gift I had mentioned a while ago and to be honest, had almost forgot about, a panoramic picture of my hometown of St. George, Utah. I have always wanted one of these, but it's not always at the front of my mind. It's like I only ever think of it when I see one and then I kind of forget about it.

My wife is really good about picking up on little things I say and is quick to jot down notes about gift ideas. I think it has to do with her father. He is a little difficult to shop for and if he ever mentions something that he is remotely interested in, his entire family, or at least those who are around, immediately start to argue over who gets to claim it as "their" gift for the next gift-giving occasion.

To go with both images, I received frames to display my gifts and I am extremely excited to start enjoying both gifts.

I don't want this entire post to be about me, even though it is titled "First Father's Day," I have a wonderful father who is amazing and has taken huge amounts of time and energy to helping me become the person I am today, for better or worse. I am in large part me because of the example of my father and I know he has worked hard to show me the wonderful example he has set. I love him very much and am extremely grateful I was blessed enough to end up in his care and loving arms even though it was through an alternate means, I was adopted. I don't know where I would be if it weren't for he and my mother's loving arms and guidance.

Thanks for everything Dad, you're the best!  Happy Father's Day!!!

Eating gellato in Mexico


A 4-generation photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...